- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn salt
- 4 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
Optional additions: 2 t chopped fresh oregano, 1 jalapeno diced
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and rub in 4 T butter and shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with milk then add enough to the dry ingredients to make a soft dough (probably ~1/2 of it).
- Roll out to 1/2″ thickness and cut into 2″ circles
- Brush with remaining egg and milk mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.