- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 de-boned chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper (batonnet cut)
- 1 green pepper (batonnet cut)
- about a cup of blanched white, whole almonds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tab. Olive oil
- 1 teas. Curry powder
- 1 cube chicken bullion
- 1 teas. Cinnamon
- ¼ teas. Ground thyme
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 2 small green zucchini squash (grated in long strands)
- garlic, and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion until transparent in olive oil.
- Add cubed chicken pieces and sauté until just cooked- add a little more oil if need be to keep from sticking.
- [remove chicken from pan and set aside for a few minutes].
- Add pepper strips, almonds, chicken bullion cube, spices.
- Cook mixture over low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Add previously cooked chicken cubes until hot enough to serve.
- Grate 2 zucchinis and add to pot. (very important to add last so it doesn’t over cook)
- Cover for 2 min to cook zucchinis.
- Serve over couscous cooked with saffron, chicken bullion broth and a little butter.