- 12 ounces stout beer
- 1 ½ cups brown mustard seeds
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1. Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive mixing bowl.
2. Transfer to air tight tuperware
3. Seal and let sit at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
4. Use a hand stick immersion blender to process the mustard in the tuperware. (If you don’t have a hand blender, use a food processor or blender.)
5. Process until seeds are coarsely ground and the mixture becomes thick (5 min).
6. Ready for use immediately or store refrigerated in jars for up to 6 months.