I cobbled this together from several online recipes. I was looking for something to go well with a Pork loin Roast with winter fruit. Initially I was thinking just the sweet potato with sage, but I wanted something with some bitterness to cut the heaviness of the apricot/prune glaze on the pork. That’s where the brussel sprouts came in. The combination worked perfectly. While the pork was meant to be the focal point, this side stole the show.
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts (trimmed of loose leaves and halved)
- 1 lb. Sweet Potato 1-inch cubes (one large potato)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 strips of bacon (diced)
- 1 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1.5 Tbs Sage
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Toss sprouts and potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl
- Saute onion and bacon in frying pan over medium heat until onions begin to release – 3 min.
- add pecans and sage saute for another 3 min
- Combine bacon, onion pecan mixture with sprouts and potatoes in the mixing bowl
- Transfer to 8X11 inch roasting pan and roast for 35-45 min