Simple Carolina mustard BBQ sauce. A personal favorite with pulled pork.
- 3⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Aardvark habanero sauce (to taste)
Simmer all ingredients over medium low heat, whisking occasionally for 20-30 min. Do not let it come to a full boil or you risk burning the sauce. Remove from heat and let cool.
Store remainder bottled in refrigerator (I like to use the mustard bottle from above so I have it in a squeeze bottle)